Pooch Haven now offers Doggie Daycare services!
Did you know that dogs can suffer from separation anxiety? The reality for many is that most households consist of two working adults. For homes that have a dog as part of the family, it can be very stressful for them. Dogs are pack animals, and rarely like to be left alone, which can lead to anxiety and potential destructive behaviour.
Utilizing the services of a Doggie Daycare can help to alleviate a large portion of that stress, leaving you with a happier and healthier companion. Many benefits of Doggie Daycare are similar to that of a day care for your child. At Pooch Haven activity and socializing is heavily encouraged. Crates are only used for rest or quiet time when your dog needs to relax.
Check out how Doggie Daycare can make a difference in you, and your companion's life!
Doggie Daycare Services
- Tuesday - Friday 8:00am - 5:30pm
- Meet & Greet $20*
- Small/Med Breeds $45+hst
- Large Breeds $50+hst
Note: *The $20 Meet and Greet fee will be credited towards your first Pay to Play session. Daycare on Tuesdays and Thursdays are for large dogs, Wednesdays and Fridays are for smaller dogs. Additional charges for daycare may apply for statutory holidays.
Your Pet Will Receive
- Regular potty breaks. No more worrying about accidents, or getting home in time to let your dog to relieve themselves.
- Time to play and run around. We have taken great lengths to ensure that there are more than enough activities to keep your dog healthy and active, especially if your dog is high energy and needs to run around.
- Quiet time to relax. We have a quiet zone with a couple of crates and blankets to give your dog a chance to rest or relax in comfort.
- Regular meals based on your feeding schedule. Keeping on a feeding schedule helps to reinforce routine. Just like a child, dogs thrive on routine.
(note: since individual dogs have different diets client is to supply food for their pet)
- Social interaction with other dogs. It's been proven that regular socializing can help with social behaviour training.
- A Pet First Aid certified Doggie Daycare provider supervising all social interaction to ensure all dogs are playing nice.
Tips to enhance your dog's experience.
Here are some things to consider before bringing your pet to a daycare:
- Ensuring that your dog is up to date with all their vaccines, especially Rabies, DHPP, and Bordetella is key. This is not only for the safety of your dog, but for the safety and well being of all other dogs and staff at our facility.
- Please make sure that your flea and tick prevention measures are up to date as well.
- Recognizing that there will be a mix of breeds and sizes, we will do everything we can to make sure that your dog is safe and has fun. We provide separate enclosures based on factors such as the age, size, and activity level of your pet.
- We require a behavioural assessment of all dogs before acceptance to the Doggie Daycare to ensure the safety of our client's pets and our staff.