We Love To Pamper Your Pooch!
Pooch Haven Grooming & Doggie Daycare is an unparalleled professional grooming experience. We provide personalized grooming to meet your pet’s needs. Our gentle, nurturing staff handle your dog with the utmost of care in a relaxing and stress free environment. Even the water we use is treated and helps us achieve a cleaner, shinier and healthier coat for your beloved pet. We wish to establish a loving relationship with your dog in order to reduce the stress and anxiety sometimes experienced during the grooming process.
- “I’ve been taking my 2 year old dog Toby to Rachelle since he was a puppy and since she began her at home grooming business. She is always friendly, gentle and attentive to Toby while in her care. Her salon is newly renovated, clean and tidy. I love the way he looks when I pick him up. His fur is soft and he smells great! I always recommend Rachelle to other dog owners that I know. Thanks Rachelle for taking such good care of Toby!”
- “As a first time dog owner I was looking for a groomer who would treat my dog (Diesel) the way I do. I have found that in Rachelle at Pooch Haven. It’s always a pleasure to bring Diesel to Rachelle. She provides personalized attention to Diesel. Her salon is always tidy, clean and very welcoming. I have never been disappointed with her work. She takes the time to ask me what I’d like done and Diesel always looks amazing afterward and smells awesome too! I never worry when he is in her care. She does an excellent job every time! I would not go anywhere else! ”
~Zac Rinaldo Boston Bruins #36
- “Being first time dog owners we really didn’t know what to expect when we took Cody, our seven month old Pomeranian x Poodle to see Rachelle for a complete makeover. Well, I must say we were absolutely delighted with the results! Rachelle obviously loves her job and it shows! She took the time to thoroughly wash, trim and groom, with loving care, every square inch of our beloved pet. For a very reasonable price we had a thoroughly clean, meticulously groomed, manicured and sweet-smelling little pooch who appeared completely relaxed and rejuvenated by his time with Rachelle. She is a kind and caring professional who takes her job very seriously which definitely reflects in the quality of her work. I would not hesitate to recommend Pooch haven for all your dog grooming needs! ”
- “We have been taking our dog, Izzy, to Pooch Haven for several years now. Rachelle and her staff always do an amazing job and Izzy always looks great when we pick her up. When we first brought our dog there as a puppy she was very unsure of the whole experience and nervous. Rachelle was very patient with her and took the time to make her comfortable. Izzy is so relaxed with her now that she often falls right to sleep when she is having her hair cut. We will continue to bring Izzy to Pooch Haven and often recommend them to others.”
- “I have been taking my doodle to Pooch Haven for about 3 years and have never had a bad hair cut. He always looks great and he’s very happy going there. Rachelle is awesome with Shadow. I wouldn’t go anywhere else.”
- “My dog Gracie is a little Princess with attitude. She can be drama but with Rachelle she always is calm and acts proper for her. She has a touch with my dog that no other groomer has had, She always smells and looks so good after she is done with Gracie. I would highly recommend her services and have no complaints at all. Price is reasonable, service is great and she works with her clients to try to fit in a time when it is convenient with your work schedule and weekend to still find time to get your little fur baby taken care of. I have not been able to find these services in my area and found her on wag jag advertising. I now drive from Brantford to Hamilton to go to only Pooh Haven as the gas money doesn’t matter to me because I know I am getting a service I cant find in my own town!”
- “I’ve been bringing both our dogs a Jack Russell and Yorkie since we moved to Hamilton and have been very pleased with the quality and care they have received. I groom our dogs every day ( as any pet owner should do), only takes 10 minutes and have never been charged anything extra. Highly recommend Pooch Haven 🐶.”
- “Chica is new to Rachelle’s Salon only starting this year. I find Rachelle to be gentle, loving and patient with her and Chica rewards this with her own loving nature. We scheduled a years worth of appointments at 6 week intervals and I have never been disappointed with the service. The Salon is welcoming and clean. When I can take Chica to a grooming appointment and have her pull me by the leash to the door I feel I’ve made the right connection for her. It’s always a pleasure to pick my sweetheart up from Rachelle and have her look like the Diva that she is!”
Services we Offer
We offer a calming, personalized dog grooming experience. Our fresh, soft water and professional tools provide exceptional results. Learn More.
Professional clipper blade and scissor sharpening available. Perfect for home pet groomers, hair dressers, sheep shearing and more.
Coming Soon! Be among the first to know when we open the doors to our new Doggie Daycare facility. For more details please Contact Us.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The condition of your dogs coat
- Your dogs behaviour
- Did you allow your dog an opportunity to have a potty time before drop off? Clean up & disinfecting dog messes creates delays. Many folks would be shocked at the number of loved ones that are dropped off & have clearly not been allowed a proper potty break
- How many times the phone rings while we are working, the details & concerns those calls bring us
- Early or late drop offs. We are forced to stop grooming when this happens. We schedule our appointments as close to the actual time your dog will begin to get worked on to minimize delays
Flea eggs, larvae & pupae survive in the soil, in animal bedding and in carpeting as well as upholstery. After eggs have fallen off of the host’s body onto such surfaces, it then takes anywhere from 2 days to 10 days for those eggs to hatch. We do not have any carpeting nor keep animal bedding in the salon. This eliminates the environmental conditions required for flea eggs to survive. We have a strict cleaning and disinfecting routine at the salon to prevent the spread of any bacteria, fungus, disease or any type of potential irritant to anyone’s pet. We do our best to ensure that any potential hazards are removed from our environment immediately to protect your pet as well as our staff.